* Chapter Meeting, 11:00 am, Saturday, 22 Sep, McMahon's Irish Pub and Restaurant, 380 Broadview Ave, Warrenton, VA, program will be Bill Schwetke explaining how to fill out the SAR Application for Supplementals and New Members.
* Fall Trustees and Leadership Meeting, 27-30 Sep, The Brown Hotel, Louisville, KY.
* Old City Cemetery Grave Marking, Saturday, 6 Oct, 11:0 am, Lynchburg, VA. Virginia SAR Presidential Initiative. Participation can qualify for the Patriot Grave Marking Medal.
* 244th Anniversary of the Battle of Point Pleasant, 6-7 Oct, Point Pleasant, WV
* 238th Anniversary of Kings Mountain, 11:00 am, Sunday, 7 Oct, Blacksburg, SC
* 237th Anniversary of the Victory at Yorktown, Friday, 19 Oct, Yorktown, VA
* Community Awards Meeting, 11:00 am, Saturday, 20 Oct, Little Fork Church, Rixeyville, VA.
* DAR/SAR Genealogy Workshop, 09:00 am - 3:30 pm, Saturday, 3 Nov, Warrenton Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall. Free breakfast and lunch for those who sign up in advance. Keynote Speaker at lunch will be Shannon Combs-Bennett talking about DNA. Need volunteers, especially to help with setup and take-down.
* Patriot Grave Marking for 33 Patriots, Saturday, 10 Nov, Mooresville, NC, watch for further details.
* Veteran's Day Ceremony, 11:00 am, Sunday, 11 Nov, Culpeper National Cemetery.
* Chapter Awards Meeting, 11:00 am, Saturday, 17 Nov, Culpeper VFW Hall.
* Honor and Remember Banquet for Gold Star Families, 6:00 pm, Sunday, 2 Dec, Founders Inn, Virginia Beach, VA.
* 243rd Anniversary of the Battle of Great Bridge, (Time TBD), Saturday, 8 Nov, Chesapeake, VA.
* DAR/SAR Christmas Party, (Time TBD), Sunday, 9 Dec, Vint Hill, VA.
* Wreaths Across America, 12:00 noon, Saturday, 15 Dec, Culpeper National Cemetery.
8 Sep 2018 Cupeper, VA
report by Vice President Charles Jameson
On Sept 8,2018 two of the Culpeper Minutemen, Vice President Charles Jameson and Color Guard Commander Michael Dennis had the honor of conducting a program to honor 95 yr old Charles G. Yager. Mr. Yager spent 24 years in the service of the USA including his presence at Normandy during WW11. The event was held at the Museum of Culpeper History with friends and family in attendance.
Thanks for the assistance of Compatriots from the Colonel William Grayson Chapter, President Mike Tami and Delegate Richard Anderson in getting the coin to 30th District Virginia Delegate Nick Freitas (a veteran himself ) who made the presentation.
06 Sep 2018 Staunton, VA
Today two CMM members, Larry Alexander and Bill Schwetke, accompanied by their wives, drove to the VA's Staunton Community Based Outpatient Clinic, and delivered food and clothing supplies for the patients to pick up as needed. This is a DAR project, supported by the SAR, that keeps the shelves supplied with things that the patients need, as we are told by the staff. The shelves are now full for another month.
1 Sep 2018 Fort Story, VA
Vice President Charles Jameson presented the CMM wreath at the 237th Anniversary Celebration of the Battle of the Capes. In this battle the French fleet, led by Admiral François Joseph Paul de Grasse, defeated the British fleet, as a prelude to the American victory at Yorktown.
01 Sep 2018 Warrenton, VA
President Tom Hamill brought greetings from the CMM to the Fauquier Court House Chapter of the DAR at their September monthly meeting. Past President Bill Schwetke also attended.
18 Aug 2018 Peppers Grill, Culpeper, VA
report by President Tom Hamill
The CMM Board of Managers met at Pepper's Grill in Culpeper, enjoying a breakfast buffet and to make plans for the Fall and Winter of 2018-19. Eight members were in attendance: President Tom Hamill, 2nd Vice President Charles Jameson, Treasurer Bill Mutzinger, Past President Lance Lyngar, Past President Jerry Hubbard, Color Guard Commander Mike Dennis, Lon Lacey and Keith Price. Discussions focused on Chapter sponsoring of SAR youth contests - and where to focus those efforts, community and chapter awards, approval of the Charters of Freedom display as part of the Culpeper Minutemen Memorial and a review of the events calendar for the next 6 months.
The biggest item from yesterday's meeting is that Keith Price will be requesting that the town council approve the addition of the Charters of Freedom display to the Culpeper Minutemen Memorial proposal. He said that if the council does not approve that addition, that he'd then go ahead and move that the current memorial plan as it stands be allowed to move forward. I'm not sure when the next town council meeting is, but that seems like a step in the right direction.
28 Jul 2018 Culpeper, VA
The Culpeper Minutemen presented a SAR Flag Certificate to Bill Scherr of Culpeper for his respectful 24-hour display of our flag. Vice President Charles Jameson and Color Guard Commander Michael Dennis made the presentation. Mr. Scherr posted a video of the presentation on YouTube.
LINK TO VIDEO HERE.
Culpeper Minutemen Chapter dual member Doug Collins has announced that he is a candidate for Registrar General
Previous Muster Call Newsletters
Check for more information on the Virginia Society's