* 237th Anniversary of the Victory at Yorktown, Friday, 19 Oct, 9:15 - Nelson Ceremony; 10:30 - Parade, Yorktown, VA
* Community Awards Meeting, 11:00 am, Saturday, 20 Oct, Little Fork Church, Rixeyville, VA.
* DAR/SAR Genealogy Workshop, 09:00 am - 3:30 pm, Saturday, 3 Nov, Warrenton Presbyterian Church Fellowship Hall. Free breakfast and lunch for those who sign up in advance. Keynote Speaker at lunch will be Shannon Combs-Bennett talking about DNA. Need volunteers, especially to help with setup and take-down.
* Patriot Grave Marking for 35 Patriots, Saturday, 3 Nov, Mooresville, NC, watch for further details.
* Veteran's Day Ceremony, 11:00 am, Sunday, 11 Nov, Culpeper National Cemetery.
* Chapter Awards Meeting, 11:00 am, Saturday, 17 Nov, Culpeper VFW Hall.
* Honor and Remember Banquet for Gold Star Families, 6:00 pm, Sunday, 2 Dec, Founders Inn, Virginia Beach, VA. - A Color Guard Event -
* 243rd Anniversary of the Battle of Great Bridge, (Time TBD), Saturday, 8 Nov, Chesapeake, VA.
* DAR/SAR Christmas Party, (2:00 PM), Sunday, 9 Dec, Vint Hill, VA.
* Wreaths Across America, 12:00 noon, Saturday, 15 Dec, Culpeper National Cemetery.
6 Oct 2018 Lynchburg, VA
On Saturday, Oct 6th, the Virginia Society SAR and the Society of the War of 1812 in the Commonwealth of Virginia held a joint plaque dedication ceremony at the Old City Cemetery in Lynchburg, Virginia. VASSAR President Pat Kelly gave the keynote address and unveiled the plaque dedicated to the Revolutionary War veterans buried there. Culpeper Minuteman President Tom Hamill presented a wreath for the chapter and also was a flag bearer in the color guard. Junior member Aaron Hamill also attended and presented a wreath for the Ashby's Gap Society of the CAR. VASSAR Graves Chairman - and Culpeper Minutemen Member - Mike Lyman was also present, and represented both the Virginia Society, SAR and the War of 1812 Society.
27-30 Sep 2018 Louisville, KY
The NSSAR Leadership and Trustees met at the Brown Hotel in Louisville to chart the course forward for the SAR. Seven members of the CMM attended: Bill Schwetke, with his wife, Cat, and dual members PG Lindsey Brock, Librarian General Doug Collins, Gary Green, PG Larry Guzy, VPG Andrew Lyngar, and PG Mike Tomme.
28 Sep 2018 Louisville, KY
Recently Librarian General Doug Collins, a CMM dual member, purchased a lighted flag poll for his home, on which he proudly flies both the 13 star Hopkinson Flag of the Revolutionary War, and the 1775 Battle Flag of the Culpeper Minutemen. In recognition of this patriotic display, the CMM have awarded the Collins Family the SAR Flag Certificate.
8 Sep 2018 Cupeper, VA
report by Vice President Charles Jameson
On Sept 8,2018 two of the Culpeper Minutemen, Vice President Charles Jameson and Color Guard Commander Michael Dennis had the honor of conducting a program to honor 95 yr old Charles G. Yager. Mr. Yager spent 24 years in the service of the USA including his presence at Normandy during WW11. The event was held at the Museum of Culpeper History with friends and family in attendance.
Thanks for the assistance of Compatriots from the Colonel William Grayson Chapter, President Mike Tami and Delegate Richard Anderson in getting the coin to 30th District Virginia Delegate Nick Freitas (a veteran himself ) who made the presentation.
06 Sep 2018 Staunton, VA
Today two CMM members, Larry Alexander and Bill Schwetke, accompanied by their wives, drove to the VA's Staunton Community Based Outpatient Clinic, and delivered food and clothing supplies for the patients to pick up as needed. This is a DAR project, supported by the SAR, that keeps the shelves supplied with things that the patients need, as we are told by the staff. The shelves are now full for another month.
1 Sep 2018 Fort Story, VA
Vice President Charles Jameson presented the CMM wreath at the 237th Anniversary Celebration of the Battle of the Capes. In this battle the French fleet, led by Admiral François Joseph Paul de Grasse, defeated the British fleet, as a prelude to the American victory at Yorktown.
01 Sep 2018 Warrenton, VA
President Tom Hamill brought greetings from the CMM to the Fauquier Court House Chapter of the DAR at their September monthly meeting. Past President Bill Schwetke also attended.
Previous Muster Call Newsletters
Check for more information on the Virginia Society's