* Federation of Genealogical Societies Annual Conference, 21-24 Aug, Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC. Hotel reservations and registration information here - Will need help manning a SAR booth.
* CMM Board of Managers Meeting, Saturday, 24 Aug, 9:00 am, Pepper's Grill, Culpeper, VA.
* SAR Night at the Ball Park, Saturday, 24 Aug, 6:35 pm, Pfitzner Stadium, 7 County Complex Court; Woodbridge, VA. Potomac Nationals vs Winstom-Salem, NC Dash. Come out for beer, hot dogs and camaraderie. The Color Guard will muster at 6:00 to present the colors for the National Anthem.
* First Friday, Friday, 7 Sep, 5:00 pm, Downtown Warrenton, VA. More information here.
* 238th Anniversary of the Battle of the Capes, Saturday, 8 Sep, 11:00am, Fort Story, Virginia Beach, VA.
* Patriots Day, Commemorating 9/11, Tuesday, 11 Sep, 08:46 am, Starting in front of the Culpeper Fire Station. This counts as a "Gathering of the Colors" National Event for Color Guard participants.
* Virginia SAR Semi-Annual Meeting, Friday and Saturday, 13-14 Sep, Marriott Fair Oaks, Fairfax, VA. Registration, Hotel, and Agenda information here.
* President General's Wreath Laying at the Tomb of the Unknown, Saturday 14 Sep, 4:15 pm, Arlington National Cemetery.
* NSSAR Fall Leadership Meeting, Friday and Saturday, 20-21 Sep, Brown Hotel, Louisville, KY. Registration is open here.
* September Chapter Meeting, Saturday, 21 Sep, 11:00 am, Warrenton Presbyterian Church. Guest Speaker Bob Rice talking about " George Washington: Spymaster"
* Point Pleasant Battle Days, Saturday - Sunday, 5-6 Oct, Point Pleasant, WV.
* 239th Anniversary of the Battle of Kings Mountain, Monday, 7 Oct 11:00 am, Kings Mountain National Military Park, 2625 Park Rd, Blacksburg, SC
* Patriot Foushee Tebbs Grave Marking by Col William Grayson Chapter, Saturday, 12 Oct, 3:00 pm, Tebbsdale Plantation, 18301 Possum Point Rd, Dumfries, VA
* Yorktown Victory Day, Saturday, 19 Oct, Yorktown, VA.
* Chapter's Community Awards Meeting, Saturday, 26 Oct, Historic Little Fork Church, Rixeyville, VA.
* Culpeper Minutemen Monument Dedication, ***POSTPONED - WATCH FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ***, Yowell Meadow Park. A Virginia SAR Presidential Initiative. A significant monument in honor of the Culpeper Minutemen will be dedicated on the 244th Anniversary of the Battle of Hampton. The Battle of Hampton was the first engagement in Virginia between our Patriot Ancestors, primarily the Culpeper Minutemen, and British Royal Forces; in this case Patriot Light Infantry engaged the Royal Navy and Marines, It was a decisive victory for the Patriots, resulting in the capture of one Royal Navy Ship while the remaining ships fled the scene. This Monument is a large granite slab in a specially landscaped area of the park with benches and interpretive panels. Watch for further details.
* DAR/SAR Genealogy Workshop, Saturday, 2 Nov, 9:00 am, Warrenton Presbyterian Church. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP
* Chapter Awards Meeting, Saturday 23 Nov, 11:00 am, Ducard Vineyards, Syria, VA.
* 244th Anniversary of the Battle of Great Bridge, Saturday, 7 Dec, 11:00 am, Chesapeake, VA.
* Wreaths Across America, Saturday, 14 Dec, 12:00, Culpeper National Cemetery.
* DAR/SAR Christmas Party, Sunday, 15 Dec, Time & Place TBD.
Previous Muster Call Newsletters
Check for more information on the Virginia Society's